PROVIDING MANUFACTURING FORESIGHT NOW FOR BENEFITS LATER
Product design contributes significantly to the overall cost of the finished medical device. Design For Manufacturing (DFM) is the process of proactively designing products:
- To use the most innovative and cost effective manufacturing methods.
- To align the design specifications with the functional requirements and optimize the manufacturing functions, including: fabrication, finishing, testing, assembly and packaging.
- To use automation and validated processes to ensure the highest level of quality, regulatory compliance and speed-to-market.
Norman Noble assesses a Design for Manufacturability project’s viability by determining:
- Can we take the current concept to something that can be manufactured and compliant?
- Can it be reviewed and revised to enable Norman Noble to use the newest and most efficient technology to reduce cost and maximize quality?
- Can it be validated so the process can be repeated for a high yield?
Benefits of partnering with Norman Noble on Design for Manufacturability:
- Access to Norman Noble‘s Innovative Machining and Finishing technologies for Medical Implants and Devices.
- Product design establishes the feature set, how well the features work, and, hence, the marketability of the product.
- Prototypes manufactured in dedicated Process Development Centers.
- The design determines 80% of the cost and has significant influence on yield.
- Norman Noble is the largest laser contract manufacturer and we manufacture the most Nitinol based implants in the world.